Lord, thank You, for failed relationships!
I know You know what I mean and why I say that.
For as long as things have gone wrong,
You knew exactly where I was at.
From molestation as early as I can remember
(which happens to be three),
to things a child just shouldn’t know,
and neither should a teen.
From dating before I even “became a woman”
to “becoming a woman” with a man,
nothing has been hidden from You,
and by Your grace You’ve held my hand.
So it makes sense that it would take so many failed relationships
to bring me peace in a relationship just with You,
a relationship that cares about my body and spirit,
willing to make my life brand new.
If any of those relationships had succeeded,
I would have never know the peace
in having 1 year of life without anything to do…
View original post 165 more words
In 2012 ,I was invited to be a member of a panel at a Christian singles conference. After speaking about living a purposeful life, and remaining pure in singleness, the topic of marriage invariably came up. A woman stood up and started pouring out her heart about how she desired a husband. How she was in her late thirties and did not want to be alone anymore. She said that she was on the verge of ‘settling’!
In an attempt to comfort her, an older woman whom we will call Sarah stood up and proclaimed that she was single at 60 AND had never married. Sarah started to encourage the younger lady. She said, look at me, I am 60 and not married but I will not settle. I want what God wants for me and will not settle for less. I have had many counterfeit men come into my…
View original post 1,134 more words
- Skilled Crafting (Using my hands)
- Helping others
- Encouraging others
What gifts will you use to serve the kingdom? Make sure to ask God to reveal them to you as well. He will be happy to show you <3.
I remember in the past where I struggled with Idolatry a lot. My main reason was to be in a relationship, get married etc. What ended up happening was I actually wanted it more than God :(.
You see anything we put before God, love than God, desire more than God would be Idolatry. Think about it, God has done a lot of us and it would be pretty selfish that he isn’t what brings us happiness.
God really hates Idolatry and WILL destroy your idol :). Here are some tips to help you get rid of your Idol and be happy with God only.
Tips to overcome Idolatry:
- Get rid of everything that brings more joy than God. I decided to stay celibate and give my desire of marriage to God. This means I don’t wish to be in a relationship or even desire to be since that became my idol. I love God a lot and if getting married brings more joy than him, than I don’t want it anymore.
- Write a list of things God has done in your life. This will help you remember what God has done for you. It will also help you find joy in God only 🙂
- Try to make God the center of your life
- Pray for God to help you identify your idol Asking God for help is an amazing thing. Since he love’s you, he will gladly show you all your idols located in your heart. He will also help you get rid of them.
God loves us all and we should find complete happiness from him only!